Now that I'm a "blogger" and I'm trying to figure out this whole idea of making a website visually appealing, I thought I would comment on some great and not so great websites out there.
#1 Worst: DS + R
Apparently it's a design studio's website. Vincent Flanders named it #3 on his list of 2013's worst websites. The home page is kind of interesting because you can see all of their projects at once, but it's also overwhelming. What happens if you want to sort by medium or find a particular project? The only sort options are chronological or alphabetical and there is no search box. Then, when you actually click on a project, the pictures scroll through automatically making it difficult to see one at a time without the edge of the next one leaking in. Maybe if I was a designer I would find this site easier to use, but I'm not. Not a fan.
No comments:
Post a Comment